Now, this recipe is an oldie. I can’t even remember where I found it but it has evolved over the past few years and I don’t even measure the ingredients anymore, but don’t worry, I have measurements for you. This dish is one of the first meals Ben and I made together when we started dating. Awwww.
Tortellini with Corn, Arugula and Tomatoes
- 2 packages of the tortellini of your choice
- 1.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels (I use frozen)
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled, stemmed and chopped (I use one tomato b/c Ben isn’t a big fan)
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced (I use onion powder to taste)
- Handful arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Grated Parmesan
- optional – cooked ground turkey for a meat lover
- Cook tortellini according to the directions on the packaging.
- Meanwhile, pour the vinegar into a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Add the corn, tomatoes, scallion and arugula. Toss until coated.
- When tortellini is done cooking, drain the pasta and then toss with the arugula mixture. The arugula should begin to wilt. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on a little parmesan.
Yum! It’s seriously so good. I like to add red pepper flakes to mine, but I’m totally addicted to red pepper flakes.