If you follow me on Facebook you may have noticed that I am dipping my toes into the waters of a new nutrition plan. I have followed the 21 Day Fix container system for 2.5 years now and I have seen great success with it, however I noticed after having my last baby in December that it wasn't doing the job for me. I was plateaued majorly. I blamed it on nursing, but at the same time I felt like I needed to mix things up. Enter KETO and high fat/low carb life. I discovered the world of ketogenics and was immediately intrigued because HELLO -- healthy fats are da bomb! If you don't know what it is you can google :P Anyway, I am loving it, seeing amazing results and feel awesome! So here was my first dinner recipe! Enjoy! PS - I recommend shopping at Whole Foods for the best quality ingredients.
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup tomato based salsa
- ½ cup full fat sour cream
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 medium poblano peppers
- Combine the shredded chicken, salsa, sour cream, scallions, cilantro, ¾ cup cheddar and ¾ cup colby jack cheese (reserve ¼ cup of each cheese for topping) in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Wash and spread the whole poblano peppers on a cookie sheet. Set under the oven broiler on high for about 3 minutes per side, or until the skin is blackened. Remove and cover with a clean towel for 10 minutes to steam and cool.
- Remove the towel and peel the skins from the peppers. Then gently cut the peppers down one side and remove the seeds. Stuff each pepper with about ¾ cup of the cheese and chicken mixture. Then divide the remaining cheese over the tops of the peppers. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 20 minutes. Remove and serve hot with additional sour cream salsa, green onions and cilantro if desired.