I am always on the lookout for foods that hit the trifecta: yummy, healthy, and simple to make. If a recipe checks those three boxes, you can bet it's going in the rotation and that I will share it with you! These Broccoli Cheese muffins hit it out of the park. We've taken the Baby Led Weaning (BLW) approach with my third baby, who is 8 months old, and these were a mega-hit with him!
If you'd like more information about Baby Led Weaning, or are looking for a community of plugged in mamas on a mission to teach their kids healthy food habits early, check out my Mom, I'm Hungry group on Facebook.
Broccoli and Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 a cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cook the broccoli until tender (boil or steam) and mash with the back of a fork
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, cooked broccoli and cheese
- Add the oil, beaten egg, milk and mix well
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 12 hole muffin tin (the consistency should be a moist, sticky dough that is quite thick)
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.