Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my content survey last week! A bunch of you wanted more recipes so here's one for you! I have been making these about every three days because my kids are freakin' animals and eat all my food. But I desperately needed to change up their breakfast because they just weren't getting filled up enough -- enter FIBER. Anyway, that's enough of me chatting... I don't want to write a long ass story you have to read before getting to the recipe! HA!
Let me know how your kids (𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩) like it!
Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Flax Mini Muffins
❥1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
❥1 cup quick oats
❥1 1/2 tsp baking powder
❥1 tsp baking soda
❥1/2 tsp sea salt
❥1 tsp cinnamon
❥1/2 cup ground flax
❥1/3 cup granulated sugar
❥1/3 cup brown sugar
❥1/2 cup whole milk
❥3 large ripe bananas, mashed
❥1 stick unsalted butter, melted
❥1 tsp vanilla
❥2 tbsp maple syrup
❥ as many mini chocolate chips as you please!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, quick oats, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, and flax. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer blend the eggs, one at a time, with a paddle attachment. Add the sugar, milk, bananas, melted butter, vanilla, and maple syrup and blend until well mixed.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend until well mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the chocolate chips, if desired, and stir by hand until evenly distributed.
5. Scoop batter into already greased mini muffin tin.
6. Bake muffins at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
7. Let cool in the pan for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from pan and let them cool completely on a wire cooling rack.